Selection of Past Readings:
– Northwest Multnomah County Library Reading – January 2012
– Niche Wine & Art Reading with Christopher Luna, Host – May 2011
– KBOO Reading – January 2011
– Wordstock – October 2010
– St. Johns Booksellers reading – May 2010
– Fertile Ground public play reading – January 2010
– VoiceCatcher book release reading – November 2009
– Lloyd Center Barnes and Nobles – October 2009
A Few Publications in Which My Poetry Can Be Found:
– Ghost Town Poetry anthology
– Tupelo Press’s Million Line Poem
– Empty Shoes anthology
– Pushcart Prize Nomination for Kajiji Fires
– Laurels Graduate Tuition Remission Award, Portland State University
– Shelley Reece Poetry Award
– Academy of American Poets Prize
– https://www.flickr.com – Naomi Fast
Sign up for my Quarterly Newsletter
2 thoughts on “About Naomi”
My name is Vika Haiboniuk and I am a graduate multimedia journalism student at the University of Oregon in Portland.
This term I’m filming a short video about Portland. I would like to ask you if I can use your poem “Birdsongs in Traffic” as a narrative (and narration) for my project?
Thank you for contacting me. I like the sound of this project! Yes, I’m happy to give you permission to use “Birdsongs in Traffic” for your film.
The poem was originally published in a journal called VoiceCatcher, and it’s currently included in my short collection of poems & photography, Portland Light.
I’d love to see the film when it’s finished. Can you send me your contact information with a few more details of where you’ll be showing the video? You can email me at naomifast (at) gmail (dot) com.
All the best!